BE A HERO
If they have the courage to ask, will you have the courage to answer?
The 20th Annual Men Against Domestic Violence Drive
BE A HERO
Domestic Abuse is Not a Personal Issue
We as a society are faced with an issue that many ignore, Domestic Abuse. When you hear that a family has become the victim of domestic abuse, have you ever thought, “Why don’t they just leave?” Did you assume that the government provides services and support for victims of domestic violence? Sadly, government funds cover only a portion of what Safe Futures needs to help everyone seeking help. Safe Futures, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, offers safe shelter and free, confidential services for those that need it – in fact, they never turn anyone away.
Donations are the main source of support for shelters likes Safe Futures, formerly the Women’s Center of SouthEastern CT. It is a real possibility that without your help, there won’t always be someone at Safe Futures to answer. When victims don’t have access to support like Safe Futures provides, victims have little choice: they may face homelessness, be forced to return to their batterer, or end up a fatal statistic.This statement isn’t a scare tactic. It’s not said to make you feel guilty. It is simply a fact that will hopefully open the eyes of our society.
Formerly the Women’s Center of SouthEastern CT
Our Mission Safe Futures saves lives, restores hope and changes the future for those impacted by domestic violence and sexual assault in southeastern Connecticut.
Our Vision Safe Futures strives to eliminate violence in our community so that southeastern Connecticut becomes a place:
- Where violence and abuse are not tolerated
- Where all victims and survivors are able to get the support and resources they need to create a new life for themselves
- Where all children and teens feel safe, and learn the skills to establish healthy friendships and dating relationships
- Compassion and respect for our clients and each other
- Empowerment of women and others who have been victimized
- Confidentiality in our work
- Excellence in client programs, administration and stewardship of contributions
- Partnership with our community